Saturday, December 29, 2007

First Pictures of Charlie

Last night I believe I sent about 150 text messages to various people letting them know about the successful delivery of Charlie and was inevitably bombarded by reply text messages and phone calls. Apologies to the 30 or so people whose text messages I didn't reply to.



Now it is 6:15 pm and Hien still is yet to see Charlie. Understandably she is getting frustrated. Do believe the doctor is going to come and see us soon and hope to have Charlie in our room with us tonight.

I was let in to see Charlie late this morning and took these pictures. Yesterday, Charlie had some initial breathing problems but these have gone and he appears to be fine now. We have been frustrated by a lack of information from the staff at the FV hospital, but numerous members of Hien's family have been with us for most of the time we have been here and they have been very supportive.

Late this morning we were moved in to the VIP room (532) which we should have been in yesterday. The room is spacious with: a spare bed for me, flat screen TV, DVD player, fridge, safe, additional absolutely useless miniature room, daily newspapers, fruit and probably a few other things to boot. May send a picture later.